November 17, 2014

I'd like to ask a favor of you. Please check the link to follow, then act as you see fit. If that includes a contribution of money, or perhaps further sharing on social media, that would be perfect.

Click this link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/development-of-kafwa-basic-school-2014

The story of the school is there at the link, for the most part, which hopefully you've read by now. The story from my perspective is that this is my brother's effort, to help the village in Zambia where he currently lives. So that is, to be honest, at least part of the reason for my investment. The other, of course, is that this is a very worthwhile project regardless, and the residents have done a tremendous amount of work already. (Have you ever made 25000 bricks?) The only thing left is the funding. Which, hopefully a decent effort can be made to collect the needed funds. It's simply a matter of enough people choosing to do so.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    I checked out the site. it took me quite a while to figure out how one can give more than $1, but less than $500. I think if Sam were to put an explanation on the Indiegogo site that mentioned this, it might do a bit better. I've contributed to kickstarter campaigns, but still found the jump from $1 to $500 to be a bit dramatic. I don't think he needs to offer any other incentives to people to donate. But just a mention that by clicking $1, the donor will have the opportunity to contribute more would help increase awareness of this fact.

    ReplyDelete