November 14, 2014

I like one of these covers significantly more than the other


Kilian is on the cover of Outside this month, and appears to be laying on some hay, jacket open, making come hither eyes. Walking past the magazine section in my local bookstore, I have to say, this was a little, uh, uncomfortable? Disconcerting? Strange? Something like that.



As jarring as Kilian's attempts to seduce the magazine browsing public were, seeing this cover in person quickly diverted my attention. I won't attempt to tell the story, because you can read the accompanying article here, and Scott's personal blog here. You could always, of course, click the link on my blogroll. It's the one that says Run Fast. Run Vegan. I considered saying it was the one that said bad mother fucker on it, but thought that perhaps the Pulp Fiction reference was a little too dated, and anyway, that you should actually be directed to the blog, because the quality of writing is absurdly high (and has been for years), and joking aside, Sam Jackson's line would've been accurate enough. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you put your finger on exactly what made me uneasy about the Outside cover (It is a little pin-upy).

    And Scott's blog is definitely worth following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I feel privileged to have had quite a bit of internet communication with him, as well as an in person coffee visit.

      Delete
  2. Wow, my buddy told me about the Kilian cover. But actually seeing it is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you mentioned on the podcast (or was that Gary?) he has dreamy eyes.

      Delete