March 20, 2014

This Post is About Music You Will Hate, Skip Accordingly

Because someone texted me, asking what the picture at the top of this blog is:


Probably don't actually click play, though, since you'll probably hate it. Most people do.

Anyway, it's the cover to Wodensthrone's Loss, an atmospheric black metal album from England. It's the sort of thing I like to listen to at work, as it's quite easy for me to bliss out to. Other examples: Wolves in the Throne Room, Fen, Falls of Rauros, Agalloch. All of these bands fit under what I (only somewhat in jest) call hippy black metal, given the dirt worshiping nature focus (among more typically misanthropic and nihilistic themes), even if the style in which said content is presented resembles Burzum. In any case, I enjoy this sub-sub-sub-genre (these bands are largely distinct from what many would call "true" black metal, the satanic/antitheistic Scandanavian bands) and the accompanying aesthetic - certainly moreso than the corpse paint/combat boots crowd, which I find generally absurd.

And so, when I couldn't find a picture of my local woods that I liked - and lacking any sort of camera - I decided to use a rendering of imagined woods that I see on most days anyway, and of which I'm quite fond.

No comments:

Post a Comment