October 6, 2012

Brown Leaves and Grey Skies

With respect to that period in December, October, I think, can lay claim to being the "most wonderful time of the year". It is the year's gloaming, a season that goes beyond all the leaves being brown and the skies grey. The leaves, rather, are every shade on the autumnal palate, things that don't have names, a striking plethora of red to brown, and everything in between. And even the grey sky is not without variety; sometimes it's an even slate, others, a rolling whitecapped gunmetal.

It is also, as people have begun to tell me, coffee weather. And although I tend to think any weather is coffee weather, I have to agree, there is something even more satisfying about a cup that serves to drive the chill from your marrow.

So that's it. I don't have much more to add, which is rare, I know. But sometimes, there just isn't much to say. Drink your coffee, enjoy the weather, and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment