April 13, 2010

The green apron wearing elephant in the room




Starbucks. I do not need to tell you that few words invite such disdain from many embedded in coffee culture. But it's also my current place of employment. I won't try and defend that fact; rather, I'll just leave it as is. It's where I work. As it is, I get to taste an inordinate amount of Starbucks coffee. And so, it should come as no surprise then that a reasonable amount of my posts regarding coffee will deal with Starbucks. I will, however, make every effort to diversify. 

This also gives me a platform to announce Starbucks initiatives, which may otherwise be missed -- although that isn't terribly likely. 

For example, on April 15, Starbucks will give you a free cup of brewed coffee, provided you bring your own tumbler. Call it an early Earth Day celebration, or whatever you like. I'll simply call it free coffee. Or, in other words, a miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment